International Postgraduate Scholarships are available to postgraduate degree applicants and are worth half the tuition fees (e.g. 50% discount on fees, for 2012/13 intake this amounts to between £2,950 and £5,090). The number of International Postgraduate Scholarships available annually is five. International Postgraduate Scholarships are awarded by the decision of the University Committee and are based on academic merit and social and community involvement.
Applications are welcome from international students who have achieved high results in their final degree classification and can demonstrate high academic achievement, active university, society and community involvement, and future aspirations to enhance the social and economic development of the applicants home country.
How applications for the International Postgraduate Scholarships are judged
International Postgraduate Scholarship applications are awarded on submission of the International Scholarship Application Form and relevant supporting documentation. The applications are reviewed in the month after the deadline by the Liverpool Hope University Student Finance Committee.
Applications should demonstrate how you have actively contributed to the life of your previous university, how you are actively involved in your community and your society, and how you will contribute to the future social and economic development of your home country, plus how you will contribute to university life at Liverpool Hope.
How to apply
Applicants must hold an offer of admission for a Liverpool Hope postgraduate taught degree programme and complete the International Scholarship Application Form with attached documentation (eg copy of final degree certificate and academic reference).
If you do not hold an offer of admission you are not eligible.
Advice on how to complete the International Scholarship Application Form
- Please complete all the details, including your name, contact details, student number and qualifications. Applications with missing details will be automatically rejected.
- Please attach the relevant supporting documents (eg final degree certificate and academic reference).
- For applicants for the International Postgraduate Scholarship: the application form asks you to ‘please indicate why you think you should be considered for an International Postgraduate Scholarship and how you think this would benefit you in your programme of study’. This is the most important part of the application form and will be carefully judged by the University Committee.
- To answer this question try to include details that cover all the criteria: academic achievement/results, involvement in activities at your previous university, community work and your contribution to society, charity/volunteer work you’ve done, and your future aspirations and how you will contribute to the social and economic development of your country. You should also include how you intend to become involved in university life at Liverpool Hope.
- If you are awaiting your final results, you are still able to apply. Please state ‘pending results’ in the qualification section. You must submit your results when they are available.
- International Postgraduate Scholarship are only available to applicants paying full international tuition fees. Citizens of the UK, EU and EEA are not eligible to apply
- International Postgraduate Scholarship are deducted from the standard tuition fee and student will be invoiced for the net tuition fee due.
- Applicants must submit an International Scholarship Application Form to Postgraduate and International Admissions by email to [email protected]
- The International Scholarship Application Form should be accompanied by relevant supporting documents (eg final degree certificate and academic reference).
Application deadlines apply:
For September entry
International PG Scholarship – applications must be received by 14th May at 17.00 GMT
For January entry
For the International PG Scholarship – applications must be received by 14th November at 17.00 GMT
Other terms and conditions apply
Please note that the University is unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful scholarship applications.
For full terms and conditions, the application form and guidelines to apply, please download the form below.
Download the International Scholarship Application Form 2011-IPG170311