This award was established by the will of Miss Lesley Lillian Graham to reward outstanding secondary student teachers majoring in English. The donated funds are to be used to assist a student studying towards becoming an English Teacher. The Lesley Lillian Graham Awards are open to fourth year students enrolled in either a Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or Bachelor of Arts (Education) / Bachelor of Arts and are majoring in English OR enrolled in a Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with a curriculum study major in English Education.
Frequency: Two Installments of $2500; the first following confirmation of acceptance and the second (final) installment to be paid after census date – 31 August 2011, providing eligibility requirements have been met
Method: Electronic funds transfer
- Academic merit
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- Must be enrolled in one of the listed eligible ECU courses
- Australian citizen
- Australian permanent resident
Level of study:
- Undergraduate bachelor courses
- Postgraduate coursework
Year of study:
- 4th year
- Education and Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Education)/Bachelor of Arts and are majoring in English
- Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary) with a curriculum study major in English Education
- Full-time on-campus
Selection is based on academic merit, teaching ability and a personal statement outlining the reasons for choosing English Teaching as a career.
Application opening date: 13 April 2012
Application closing date: 27 April 2012
For more information, please visit official website.