The Universität Bern offers six Master Grants for the academic year 2013/14 for excellent international students. The grant consists of 1’600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master’s programme (standard period of study). Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic excellence and the candidate’s potential and motivation.For further information about the Master’s programmes offered, please contact the concerned department directly. The Master Grant is offered for all Master’s programmes of the Universität Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”. Most programmes are in German.
- applicants must have graduated at the latest by the end of July 2013 with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the desired field of study
- this Bachelor’s or Master’s degree must be from a non-Swiss university
- the applicant’s permanent place of residence up to the application must have been outside of Switzerland
The applicant’s file must include the following in duplicate:
- application form
- curriculum vitae (max. 5’000 characters without blanks)
- letter of motivation with objectives
- letters of recommendation from 2 professors of the current home university (with institutional letter paper and signature)
- evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2), for example TOEFL, Goethe-Zertifikat or other.
- original certified copies of the Bachelor’s Diploma and transcript of the grades obtained during the Bachelor’s studies or recent confirmation (not older than 3 months) by the home university that the Bachelor’s degree (in the same study field as the intended Master’s programme) will be completed by the end of July 2013 (with a list of grades obtained up to now)
- copy of record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification, Matura, Abitur)
- 2 passport photos
- copy of passport
- additional documents depending on Master’s programme
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master’s programme.
The complete application package must be submitted in duplicate by postal mail. It must arrive no later than 1st December 2012 at:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
- Applications that arrive after 1st December will not be considered!
- Incomplete application files and E-mail applications will not be considered!
- Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an entitlement to a grant.
- With only six grants to offer the University will have to refuse also qualified applications. The University will not be able to explain refusals.
- The submitted documents will not be returned.
- This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as a regular student.
For more information, please visit : official website