INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
One full fee scholarship will be available.
- This award is only available to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the international fee rate. UK and EU candidates should apply for the Home/EU award.
- Applicants must usually hold at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent plus an MA or MSc at Merit level or equivalent;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up on 1 October 2012;
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study over a period of three years leading to the degree of PhD in the School of Politics and International Studies. Students who are already registered for research degrees are excluded from this competition;
- The award will cover academic fees at the international rate. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs;
- The award will be made for one year in the first instance, renewable for a further period of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress;
- applicants will be expected to show that they have sought funding elsewhere
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates must complete all sections of the application form, using the space provided on the form and with strict observation of any word limits. Attachments (with the exception of degree transcripts) should be avoided. The Selection Panel will be at liberty to disregard any information that is not on the application form;
- The completed form should be returned to email@example.com or the Postgraduate Office, POLIS, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by no later than 1st June 2012. Applications submitted after that date may be considered subject to the availability of funding.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & RESULT
Successful candidates can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application as soon as possible following the closing date.
Completed forms must be returned firstname.lastname@example.org or to the POLIS Postgraduate Office, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by 1st June 2012. Please ensure that you use the space provided on the form – attachments are not permitted and all will be disregarded. In order to be eligible to apply for one of the above POLIS Postgraduate Research Scholarships, applicants MUST first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID number. Applications without a valid University Banner ID number will be rejected.
For more information, please visit Official Website