The International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) is pleased to offer:
• Two Round 1 International Scholarships for the July 2011 or January 2012 intakes.
• Two Round 2 Scholarships for the January 2012 or July 2012 intakes.
The value of each scholarship is A$15,000 to be paid in the following manner:-
Year 1 A$4,000 Year 2 A$4,000
Year 3 A$4,000 Year 4 A$3,000
¦ Open to all international students studying outside Australia, international students undertaking an English course in Australia, and international students who have completed less than two years high school in Australia. International students who finish high school in Australia including the last two years must apply for the Australian Entry Scholarships.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years old at the time of commencement with ICHM.
- Maximum age 24 at time of application.
- Will complete/graduate in 2011 or prior to the the July 2012 intake, or have already completed/graduated their final year of high school studies. Results must meet ICHM Academic Entry Requirements (refer to ICHM Prospectus or website).
- For students whose mother tongue is other than English, IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 550. (Paper based; computer & internet also acceptable)
- Open only to new students seeking entry into Year 1.
If you do not have a copy of our prospectus to assist with the preparation of your scholarship application, it can be viewed on our website www.ichm.edu.au or please contact our Admissions Office and a copy will be forwarded to you by post.
Other general information is available on our website and in our student magazine “On-Course”, or by contacting the ICHM Admissions Office.
How to Apply
Your completed application must contain:
¦ Scholarship application form.
This form is in two parts.
– Cover page providing your personal contact details (see perforated attachment).
– Your response to 4 short-answer questions found on the reverse of the cover page.
- Brief CV (not more than one page in length)
- Most recent copies of your school reports from the last two years.
- ICHM application form (unless an application to attend ICHM has already been forwarded).
- Evidence of English language ability (e.g. IELT S/TOEFL)
The ICHM Application form can be found in the Prospectus 2011, or on the ICHM website. All sections must be completed and submitted along with the Scholarship form and details.
¦ Scholarship Application Fee of A$50.
Payment can be made by credit card or cheque. Cheques in A$ made payable to ICHM Pty Ltd. All cheques are banked and credit card payments processed upon receipt.
Note: Do not staple or bind applications. Do not send original transcripts as they will not be returned.
SCHOLARSHIP CLOSING DATES:
Round 1: July 2011 or January 2012 intake – Friday April 1st 2011
Round 2: January 2012 or July 2012 intake – Friday September 2nd 2011
Applications received after the closing dates will not be considered for these scholarships.
Send your completed application to:
Fax: (+61 8) 8228 3684
ICHM Admissions Office
124 Hutt Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Scholarship Selection Process & Assessment Criteria
Up to 5 finalists will be selected from each round to be interviewed. The interview will be conducted on-line by video link, or if this is not available, through a teleconference.
* Scholarship Application (including academic results, CV and short answer responses). 50%
* Interview 50%
Following the interview, the winners will be selected as those most likely to excel in hotel management. Scholarship winners will be notified within two weeks.
Conditions of Entry
Students who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria and ICHM entry requirements can apply for a scholarship. Students who have already applied and been accepted by ICHM for these intakes may also apply by completing the Scholarship Application form.
ICHM reserves the right to reduce the value of scholarships if there are less than ten applicants in either round.
The tuition fees for international students starting in 2011 are A$23,050. In addition there is a one-time New Student Fee of A$1,500. The 2011 cost for Accommodation & Meals at ICHM is A$8,190, payable during on-campus semesters and subject to availability. These scholarships can only be applied to the tuition fees. Students commencing in the 2012 intakes are required to pay the listed fess at that time.
The A$50 Scholarship Application Fee is non-refundable, this applies to successful and unsuccessful applicants. It is not considered as part of the New Student Fee or Course Fees.
The scholarship amount will be credited against the final fee payment each year.
Students who are offered and accept a scholarship or bursary amount are ineligible to apply for subsequent scholarship rounds. Students who do not accept or receive any amount at all, are able to apply to future scholarship rounds, as long as they meet all other entry requirements.
The Selection Panel may decide to increase the number of scholarship winners by reducing the scholarship amount.
Payment of the scholarship amount on behalf of the student for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of the course will be dependent upon satisfactory academic results and industry placement performance as determined by the ICHM Academic Board.
The awarding of the Scholarship payment each year depends on the student paying the balance of the student fees by the due date as set out in the Application Form contained in the prospectus. Students failing to pay the balance of fees by the due date will forfeit the right to their scholarship.
The Scholarships are open to new first year students only. Students currently studying at ICHM are ineligible.
Scholarship students failing to comply with the ICHM rules and regulations in relation to personal and ethical behaviour will forfeit their entitlement to the scholarship.