Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Mesoscale Modeling of Nuclear Fuel at Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, NYU-Poly; Brooklyn, NY
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research position in the Computational Mechanics Laboratory at NYU-Poly. The selected postdoctoral fellow will participate in a vibrant interdisciplinary research group and will be involved in a research effort which aims at modeling the behavior of nuclear fuel under extreme conditions. Computational mechanics and theory will be the principal tool of investigation.
1. PhD. in mechanical engineering, materials science, computational materials science or a related field.
2. Experience in at least two of the following areas: finite element modeling, Monte Carlo, phase field or molecular mechanics modeling.
3. Experience in scientific computing (Fortran, C, or C++ programming, parallel computing, and Unix/Linux computing environments).
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary research environment.
The initial appointment will be for one year, with a possibility of renewal contingent upon the availability of continuing funding and satisfactory performance.
How To Apply:
Please submit by email a single attachment that includes your CV, a brief statement of your research interests, and the contact information for two references to:
Prof. Rémi Dingreville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
6 MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201